Juvenile Age Grading Policy
Club Policy on Juvenile Age Grading
The Club Executive adopted the following policy with regard to age appropriate play for children. This policy for first adopted in 2012 and revised in 2015 & 2017.
- St Finian’s GAA, LGFA & Camogie Clubs are committed to providing playing opportunities to all juvenile members from nursery group through to Minor in all codes for both boys and girls.
- In order to do this the club needs to adhere to a policy where juvenile members of the club will play with a team of their own age where such a team exists.
- This will be determined by the child’s year of birth and is independent of which class they attend in school.
- This policy is aimed at player welfare, skills development, encouraging participation and improving player retention and is based on best practice currently being implemented within the GAA, LGFA & Camogie Associations.
- It is unfair and is counter-productive in terms of player retention, if young players are side-lined while even younger players (who have their own age group to play in) regularly take their place.
- The national GAA policies emphasis, particularly at the youngest age groups, has now moved firmly towards participation, enjoyment and skills development for age groups up to Under 12, and the club policy of playing in your age group is aligned with this ambition.
- Players must have primary allegiance to, and play first in their own age group.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.stfinians.com