Child Protection Policy - St Finians GAA Club
Child Protection Policy
St Finians GAA club is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for all young people who participate in the activities of the club. We will do this by taking all practical steps to protect young club members from discernable forms of abuse, from harm, discrimination or degrading treatment and by respecting their rights, wishes and feelings.
To ensure that the best practice is followed by this club we shall work closely with the Dublin County Board and follow the guidelines as laid down in the Child Welfare and Protection Policy Statement as drawn up by the GAA:-
- Recognise that all children have the right to be protected from harm
- Respect the rights, wishes and feelings of all children in our club
- Ensure that all our coaches and volunteers are chosen with care and are made aware as to their responsibility for the wellbeing of children in their care.
- Respond swiftly and appropriately to safeguard the welfare of children who participate in our games and related activities by having clear reporting procedures
- Provide parents/guardians and children with the opportunity to voice any concerns they may have through a complaints procedure. Please follow guidelines as displayed on noticeboards in the Clubhouse.
- Appoint a Children's Officer in the Club
- Appoint a Designated Person in the Club who will liaise with the statutory authorities and with the GAA County Designated Person, as deemed appropriate
- Ensure that allegations of abuse of young people are confidentially dealt with in accordance with the Guidelines for Dealing with Allegations of Abuse as published by the GAA, and with statutory guidelines and relevant legislation
- Review the effectiveness of our Child Protection procedures and policies on an on-going basis
- Ensure that members, coaches, team mentors, administrators, parents/guardians and supporters, as appropriate, sign up to and adhere to the Code of Behaviour Booklet
Maintaining appropriate levels of behaviour with our work with children and young people - https://www.gaa.ie/api/pdfs/image/upload/yqcpxqxw7pjqiye1z9jq.pdf
Maintaining Good Practice and Behaviour https://www.gaa.ie/api/pdfs/image/upload/iffeoynpytq94ysf6q5v.pdf